Leaving West Melbourne – ‘Make good’ obligations
Store holders have a ‘make good’ obligation in their leases. This means that before you vacate the West Melbourne premises you must:
- leave the premises in good condition;
- remove your fixtures and fittings; and
- make good any damage following their removal.
These make good obligations in your lease will only be satisfied if:
- the premises are left in a clean condition, free from superficial debris, rubbish and waste;
- all loose and unfixed equipment, plant, materials and products are removed;
- all liquids are drained from all equipment and pipelines and the liquids are removed from the premises and disposed of in accordance with EPA regulations;
- any other existing contaminants or hazards are contained within the premises as far as practicable; and
- the area is left in a safe condition and all buildings and the premises are securely locked in order to prevent unauthorised entry.
The MMA, on request and after inspection, will confirm to a tenant that these make good obligations have been complied with after the premises are vacated