Obtaining an Access Card
Access Cards can be obtained by applying in person at the Melbourne wholesale fruit, vegetable and flower market Customer Centre. The Customer Centre is located in the south western corner of the Fruit and Vegetable market building, The office is open as follows : New Cards, Renewal of Cards / Lost Cards – 4.00am – 12.00pm.
To obtain an Access Card the following documents are needed:
- A completed application form for Market Users Access Card.
- Certificate of business registration and ABN Register Page. The Business Registration Certificate or Certificate of Incorporation must be for a business relating to the fresh produce or flower industry.
- A current drivers licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Employees will also need to obtain an access card. Proof of employment must be produced. This can be in the form of a statutory declaration by employer or a group certificate.
- Important: The Melbourne wholesale fruit, vegetable and flower market Safety Induction Course must be completed as the final step in obtaining an access card. Once completed the new access card is given to you immediately.
Processing of the application includes taking a photograph and only requires a few minutes.
Access Cards are not active when leaving the Customer Centre. Access Cards will normally be activated and able to be used to gain access to the Markets on the day following issue.
All businesses will be notified 2 months ahead when any access card held by their business is due for renewal. Each business then confirms the details of the cardholder on the renewal form and forwards this together with their normal invoice payment to the Authority prior to expiry date.
The Safety Induction Course can be completed Monday to Friday between 9.00am to 11.00am.
All enquiries on Access Cards at the Melbourne wholesale fruit, vegetable and flower market can be directed to the Customer Centre on (03) 9258 6123 or (03) 9258 6128, Mon – Fri 4.00am -12.00pm.