For the Market to operate as it was designed, there are some important things you should know about parking.
The Market has been segmented into different parking areas for different types of vehicles. When you can use these areas will depend on the time within the trade cycle.
You should now have allocated parking for your truck or light commercial vehicle. All allocated parks are numbered, so they are easy to find.
To apply for parking, or to view parking allocations visit the ‘Parking permits’ page.
To make sure everyone has access to use the Market in the most efficient way, parking will be rotated through four distinct phases.
|Pre-trade||10.00pm to 3.00am|
|Transition phase||3.00am to 3.30am|
|Trade period||3.30am to 7.30am|
View the parking fact sheet for information about each phase.
How do loading bays work?
- Produce can only be delivered to retailers’ loading zones
- Loading zones are either side of truck bays, or at the rear of light commercial vehicle bays
- The loading zone is shared equally by the parking bay on either side
- It’s expected that you and your neighbour will work out the arrangement to use the space most effectively
- Vehicles can’t share parking bays regardless of vehicle size.
- The Market has been designed so that everyone can get what they need quickly, and move around safely.
Top tips for parking
- Familiarise yourself with the Market before arriving, either by using the smartphone app or maps.
- Once you are at the Market, look for signage – streets are numbered 1 to 9. All stores, stands and parking spaces are numbered.
- There are different areas for vehicles, forklifts and pedestrians – make sure you follow the signs.
- Make sure your parking permit is clearly on display. All vehicles must display a parking permit while within the Market.
- Parking permits are transferrable from one vehicle to another.
- MMA warehousing (5 and 6) has unreserved loading zones available for dropping off and picking up produce.
- Propertylink warehousing (1 – 4, 8 and 9) parking is privately operated, with parking arranged through tenant leases.