Melbourne Markets is pleased to offer members of the public, school groups and visitors to Melbourne, the opportunity to visit and experience the wonderful sights, smells and sounds of the wholesale markets through our contract tour service “C the Market”. It’s a great opportunity for school groups and the general public to learn about the fresh produce industry and the Australian supply chain. It is a great experience for social clubs, international visitors, a group of friends or even the family to get together for an unforgettable, enjoyable early morning experience.
Tours can also be customised to suit industry groups (growers, chefs, apprentices) and are also available for new business orientations, ie. prospective customers (greengrocers, florists, restaurants, growers) wishing to familiarise themselves with the market and its daily operations.
Note: Apart from pre-booked tours on the above tourist service the Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable Market and the Flower Market are generally closed to the public.
General Tour itinerary:
- Most tours start at 6.00am and run for approximately 2 hours, unless otherwise arranged.
- The comfort and safety of the unique electric market Tourist Train is used to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the Fruit & Vegetable Market.
- Walking through the Flower Market allows a close up view of the colourful displays of fresh flowers and plants and florists and flower growers trading. Purchasing a bunch for home is possible.
- Light refreshments are included. Breakfast at an onsite café is an optional extra
- Dress warmly and wear closed toe shoes as parts of the tour are not undercover.
- Cameras welcome. For media enquiries please contact the Melbourne Market Authority.
Refer tour website to for upcoming dates.
Tours are available any day the market is open. Tours that include both markets are only on Tuesday or Thursday.
Bookings & Fees:
Bookings are essential. Tuesday and Thursday tours must be finalised 24 hours in advance; Saturday tours 48 hours in advance. Groups and Customised tours can request or pre-book any date up to six months in advance.
A fee is payable on all tours, for further details please refer to tour website.
Jan on 0430 507 019